Mobile Banking Security
Secure Mobile Registration
- Enrollment in Online Banking is required to access BayCoast Bank Mobile Banking.
- Users use the same established user ID and password in Online Banking.
- BayCoast Bank employees will never have access to the User ID, the password, or any security questions and answers.
- Only valid SMS text message codes from phone numbers that have been previously activated will work.The strongest security systems available are used to ensure secure connections.
- Disable mobile banking by logging onto Online Banking and clicking on the Mobile Banking and Alerts navigation tab to deactivate your phone. Contact E-Commerce at 508-675-4404 if you need any assistance.
- Contact your wireless service provider to report stolen/lost phone and have them immediately stop your wireless service.
Helpful Tips to Maintain your Mobile Security
- Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser when they are made available by your wireless provider. These are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems.
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your User ID and Password in the mobile phone, in memos, or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the “Sign Off” button when you have completed your mobile banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent mobile banking apps.
BayCoast Bank will NEVER ask for account numbers, passwords or other sensitive personal information by email, telephone or any other method. Likewise, you should never send personal information such as account or social security numbers in emails if you do not know the recipient.